The forest school programme is a unique educational experience that was pioneered by Scandinavian countries in the 1980’s and has rapidly spread throughout Europe owing to its proven educational benefits.
Learning in the outdoors is made for our school owing to our beautiful, historic 14 acre site that was designed by Lancelot Capability Brown. Here, students learn alongside nature in the fresh air taking full advantage of our orchards, nature walks, Elizabethan fish pond and a purpose built camp craft area.
The benefits are clear through pioneering research by a Swedish university who have proven that children learning in the outdoors were more socially adept, confident and creative, skills which impacted positively on their academic studies. Notably, access to Forest School provision leads to happier and healthier children with sick days reduced by 25%.
- Fostering self-esteem and confidence
- Improve social skills
- Assist in peer relationship building
- Develops language and communication skills
- Cross curricular development and transferable skills
- Promotes independence
- Promotes team working
- Enables the learning of new skills
- Enhances fine motor skills