Welcome to the Priory School website
Let me begin by quoting from one of our recent inspection reports:
“Pupils are respectful of each other’s cultures and beliefs, and feel confident to discuss their differences knowing that their peers will listen with interest. The school is a living example of a very happy multi-cultural society.”
What a world we would live in if the Priory model could be replicated everywhere!
As soon as prospective parents and visitors set foot on Priory School’s extensive grounds they are struck by the friendly and warm atmosphere that surrounds them. Our children are self-confident, open-minded and understand the framework of values that provides the security of knowing what we expect of them. Knowing what is right and what is wrong and respecting each others’ cultures and beliefs allows us as teachers to get on, without distraction, with the education of each young person in our care.
Priory School is a thriving, Catholic, independent school, which welcomes all faiths. In partnership with parents, we provide a caring community with high standards of teaching and learning, enabling all pupils to achieve success. Continue Reading…
Priory School is a thriving, Catholic, Independent school, which welcomes all faiths. In partnership with parents, we provide a caring community with high standards of teaching and learning, enabling all pupils to achieve success.
Aims of Priory School:
- To enable each child to achieve optimum academic success through excellent standards of teaching and learning tailored to the needs of each individual child.
- To give each child every opportunity to discover their talents and to celebrate their successes in all areas of the curriculum.
- To encourage the spiritual and moral development of each child in the context of a Catholic School.
- To applaud determination, commitment and effort.
- To value each child for their unique gifts not simply as a potential exam grade.
- To provide a safe, secure and caring community in which every child can flourish.
- To keep parents informed regularly about the progress of their child and to be available to talk to parents about any concern they may have as soon as it arises.
- To widen access to Priory School through the Scholarships and Supported Places Scheme.